*Last updated on 21 August 2021
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Join Wasabih”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Wasabih (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to Wasabih.com and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”), Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Wasabih Services, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
2.1 Service Eligibility
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 18. To use the Services, you agree that:
(1) you must be the “Minimum Age”(described below) or older;
(2) you will only have one Wasabih account, which must be in your real name;
(3) you are not already restricted by Wasabih from using the Services.
Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 18.
“Minimum Age” means 18 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Wasabih to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to:
(1) use a strong password and keep it confidential;
(2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and
(3) follow the law and our list of Community Guidelines. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
2.3 Notices and Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways:
(1) within the Service, or
(2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address).
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, group posts, links to news articles, and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services). We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to Wasabih
As between you and Wasabih, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting Wasabih the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
These rights are limited in the following ways:
You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except ;
(a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it ;and
(b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Wasabih, you agree that Wasabih can use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Wasabih may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Wasabih generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
Wasabih may help you register for and/or attend events organized by Members and connect with other Members who are attendees at such events. You agree that:
(1) Wasabih is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events,
(2) Wasabih does not endorse any particular event listed on our Services,
(3) Wasabih does not review and/or vet any of these events, and
(4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
Wasabih reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. Wasabih reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
Wasabih reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
3.6 Automated Processing
We use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend connections to you. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
Wasabih and its affiliates make no representation or warranty about the services, including any representation that the services will be uninterrupted or error-free, and provide the services (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, Wasabih and its affiliates disclaim any implied or statutory warranty, including any implied warranty of title, accuracy of data, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law (and unless Wasabih has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), Wasabih, including its affiliates, will not be liable in connection with this contract for lost profits or lost business opportunities, reputation (e.g., offensive or defamatory statements), loss of data (e.g., down time or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content) or any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages.
4.3 Limitation of Liability
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and Wasabih and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if Wasabih or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
Both you and Wasabih may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
You can reach out to us to close your account.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This User Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of your State or Country, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. The parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the County of your county or city. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the User Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Contract will continue in full force and effect.
You shall not assign this Contract or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without our prior written consent. Any such purported assignment or delegation will be null and void and of no force or effect. Each of Wasabih ‘s affiliates are express and intended third party beneficiaries of these User Agreement and may enforce any of its terms and exercise any of the rights to the same extent as Wasabih. The foregoing provisions of this Applicable Law and Jurisdiction section do not apply to any claim in which Wasabih seeks equitable relief of any kind.
You acknowledge that, in the event of a breach of this Contract by Wasabih or any third party, the damage or harm, if any, caused to you will not entitle you to seek injunctive or other equitable relief against Wasabih, including with respect to your Content, and your only remedy shall be for monetary damages, subject to the limitations of liability set forth in this Contract
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations, contracts and applicable licenses regarding your use of the Wasabih Service. Wasabih reserves the right to take any legal or technical remedies to prevent the violation of these Terms and to protect the Wasabih Service, Wasabih Users, and the rights and property of Wasabih and its affiliates
7. General Terms
This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that Wasabih has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Wasabih may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. Wasabih Community Guideline
Wasabih is a community of professionals. This list of “Community Guidelines” limit what you can and cannot do on our Services. Read it here.
9. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
10. How To Contact Us
For general inquiries, legal notices and service of process you may contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Information We Collect
2.1.Registration and User Profile
We collect Personal Information from the registration system and may store any information entered or received via our Service. The type of Personal Information includes contact information, professional details, profile information, unique identifiers, and other types of personal data identified in the Data Protection Laws, and/or documents, images, or other content containing Personal Information provided to Wasabih by the consent of Wasabih’s Members.
2.2. Posting and Uploading
We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services. The type of personal data includes filling up forms with (i.e with demographic data), respond to a survey, or submitting a resume.
2.3 Data from others
We also may collect information from content that includes information about you (as part of articles, posts, comments, videos) on our Service. We also may collect public information about you, such as professional-related news and accomplishments, and make it available as part of our Services, including, as permitted by your settings, in notifications to others of mentions in the news.
2.4 Information collected automatically:
- 2.4.2. IP Addresses: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. Although we do not generally collect IP addresses, we may collect and use your IP address when we feel it is necessary to protect our Service, websites, customers, or others.
- 2.4.3. Log Files: Other information that may be passively collected by us is in the form of logs – files that record service activity, including how many “hits” a particular web page is getting (a.k.a. “navigational data”). These entries are generated anonymously, and enable us to gather statistics about users’ browsing habits, assess overall service activity, track interest in networking trends, and maintain services’ security. We also use the log file entries for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the online services we provide you. Log files are used internally only, and may be combined with data collected via cookies to help us aggregate behavior patterns of registered users.
- 2.4.5. Public Data: all personal information chosen to be publicly displayed on the Internet by our users which could be found by anyone through the usage of search engines. This information may be aggregated, combined, taking into account corrections and feedback, and afterwards displayed to other users of the Service. One should note that we strictly do not display the private contact details of our users on the Service
- 2.4.6 Device and Location: When you visit or leave our Services (including some plugins and our cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to and the time of your visit. We also get information about your network and device (e.g., IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, cookie IDs and/or ISP, or your mobile carrier)
- 2.4.7 Messages: We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Service. For example, if you get a Wasabih connection request, we track whether you have acted on it and will send you reminders.
3. How we use the Information
- 3.1. Wasabih will only use the personal information collected from its users or from any Public Data source for the operation of the Service, in accordance with the policies and terms of the data source. Wasabih does not rent, lease, loan, sell, voluntarily distribute or redistribute its users’ personal information to any unaffiliated third parties. We will only collect the information deemed reasonably necessary to fulfill your online requests and our legitimate business objectives of matchmaking and networking, as such information will not be provided to any third parties.
- 3.2 Services
- Connection: Our Services allow you to stay in touch and up to date with colleagues, partners, clients, and other professional contacts. To do so, you can “connect” with the professionals who you choose, and who also wish to “connect” with you. Subject to your and their settings, when you connect with other Members, you will be able to search each others’ connections in order to exchange professional opportunities.
We use data about you (such as your profile, profiles you have viewed or data provided through address book uploads or partner integrations) to help others find your profile, suggest connections for you and others (e.g. Members who share your contacts or job experiences) and enable you to invite others to become a Member and connect with you.
It is your choice whether to invite someone to our Services, send a connection request, or allow another Member to become your connection. When you invite someone to connect with you, your invitation will include your network and basic profile information (e.g., name, profile photo, job title, region). We will send invitation reminders to the person you invited. You can choose whether or not to share your own list of connections with your connections.
Visitors have choices about how we use their data.
- Information: Our Services allow you to stay informed about news, events and ideas regarding professional topics you care about, and from professionals you respect. We use your content, activity and other data, including your name and photo, to provide notices to your network and others. For example, subject to your settings, we may notify others that you have updated your profile, posted content, took a social action, used a feature, made new connections or were mentioned in the news.
- Productivity: Our Services allow you to collaborate with colleagues, search for potential clients, customers, partners and others to do business with. Our Services allow you to communicate with other Members and schedule and prepare meetings with them. If your settings allow, we s facilitate tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting responses, summarizing messages or recommending next steps.
- 3.3. Other Disclosure of Your Personal Information:
- 3.2.2. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event, customer information may be transferred to Wasabih’s successor or assign, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
- 3.2.3. It may be necessary in addressing our Service operations that your personal data be transmitted to third-party service providers acting exclusively on our behalf. We ensure that the service providers use your personal data only in accordance with our instructions and in accordance with this Data Protection Declaration and the statutory provisions regarding contract data processing. We always treat your personal data with the strictest confidentiality, and never disclose it to third parties not acting on our behalf, unless with your prior consent or because we are legally entitled or obligated to make such disclosure.
- 3.3. Not Providing Information: You are under no obligation to provide any information. However, if you should choose not to submit personal information when requested, you may not be able to use certain features offered by the Service.
4. How we secure the Information
The data you provide us is protected by appropriate technical and organisational measures, and we protect and secure all information Wasabih receives through its Service in accordance with industry standards and technologies (SSL, SHA2 etc.). Having said that, providing full protection in a dynamic environment as the Internet is out of anyone’s reach and therefore Wasabih cannot ensure or warrant the full security of the information received. All users are to maintain the secrecy of their passwords and account information and to responsibly monitor and control all access to their e-mail accounts.
5. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
We generally retain your personal data as long as you keep your account open or as needed to provide you the Service. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Service. Even if you only use our Service occasionally, we will retain your information and keep your profile open, unless you delete your account.
6. Your Rights
In accordance with statutory provisions, you have the right to be informed free of charge concerning your stored data, as well as a right to the correction, blocking, or deletion of such data, as applicable. At your request, we shall notify you as to whether any of your personal data is stored with us, and, if so, which details…
If you wish to deactivate your account or to change, review or delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our active database before the stipulated tim , please contact us. We will do our very best to comply your request as soon and with the extant as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation process and applicable law. Please be advised that parts of the information you might request to delete may still be retained in our database due to technical constrains.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
8. Legal Basis for Processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you)
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. Learn More. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact our Legal Officer.
7. Contact us